IsAstack ( )

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Jul 13 07:07:51 CDT 2007

On Jul 13, 2007, at 1:29 AM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> So, what to do if there already is a stack with the same name open?
> Just curious, would this work?
>
> lock messages
> if there is a stack tStackPath then
>  put true into tExists
>  delete stack tStackPath
> else
>  put false into tExists
> end if
> unlock messages
>
> I would think this would work even with namespace collisions, as the
> delete stack explicitly names the stacks filepath.

Chipp,

I haven't tried the above code but using "if there is a stack" does
load a stack into memory so I would think the collision would happen
with that call. What Jerry and I did for Galaxy was write a function
to extract the stack name from disk before trying to open it. That
was the only reliable method we found to circumvent the problem.
But not even that works if there is a substack that will cause a name
collision.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems