IsAstack ( )

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Jul 4 09:34:24 CDT 2007

On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 12:45:04 +0100, David Bovill wrote:

> On 02/07/07, Brian Yennie <briany at qldlearning.com> wrote:
>>
>> Reading from a file should be perfectly safe even if it is in use -
>> writing is the dangerous one.
>
> True - but I see no advantage over using the built in exists()
> function and removing the stack from memory afterwards - it is not
> subject to file format changes, detects if a stack is corrupt and I
> doubt is any slower?

Just curious - does it not cause the problem Hugh first identified?
That is, if you already have a stack that's open called "MyStack" and
you use exists() on another stack file on disk whose mainstack is also
called "MyStack", does it not cause problems with the shared stack name
space?

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com