IsAstack ( )

FlexibleLearning at aol.com FlexibleLearning at aol.com
Mon Jul 2 12:56:02 CDT 2007

Hi Klaus, Brian, David:

Good catches. I don't think I dare use  open/read/close in case the file (and
it could be any file) is in use, and  testing the suffix is not always
reliable (I am allowing data stacks to be  suffix-less). Since I've never used a
shell script, I'm not sure what  differentiates them from a 'normal' stack in
terms of initial stackfile  characters. I don't think there are any differences,
so a bit hard to be 100%  foolproof it this case. Finally, since this is for
ssBk and it is purposefully  always saved in 2.4 format (as several people have
requested for project  compatibility purposes), I think I shall run with my
original.

BUT your comments have been most instructive, and I thank you  all.

/H