Vanishing substacks

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Sun Jan 21 12:36:11 CST 2007

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007, Chipp Walters wrote:

> All I can think of is you're using 'delete stack' somewhere. As you
> know, it
> closes a mainstack, but really deletes substacks.
>
> -Chipp

Thanks for the response. The matter remains as mysterious as before.

I checked all control, card, and stack scripts.There are 26 instances of
"delete", but only concerning items, chars, lines etc. - nowhere
concerning stacks.

Also, I am 100% sure that I did not use any "delete stack" commands
during the last session (via msg) after which the substacks had disappeared.

Probably this is not an item for Bugzilla, but rather for category
"There are more things between heaven and earth than you can imagine."

I also checked for viruses and found none.

It just comes to my mind that I opened the stack in question once with
Rev 2.7.4 during the last session to test the speed in the Rev IDE. I
will look into this as there are customized answer and ask dialogs as
substacks in my stack that maybe somehow conflicted with the controlling
superpower of the Rev IDE? But such a conflict would not explain the
vanishing of all 6 substacks, of which four are unique without conflict
potential.

Regards,

-Wilhelm