Can't upload a Mac OSX App using 'put url'

Ray Horsley ray at linkitonline.com
Thu Jan 11 17:54:58 CST 2007

Greetings all,

Some of my clients are having trouble opening StuffIt files so I've
written a small stack which uploads for me and downloads for the
client my uncompressed standalone and support files.  It runs via FTP
protocol using Lib URL's simple 'put url...' command.  Everything
uploads and downloads fine except the Mac OSX app, which is actually
a 'package', more of a folder than it is an app, although I still
don't fully understand Apple's point in the 'package'.  Can anybody
provide some insight here?  Do I really need to open the whole
'package' and deal with each folder and file in it, or can I upload
and download this in one 'put url' command?

Thanks for any insight into this,

Ray Horsley
Developer, LinkIt! Software