ANN: Vista "Gotchas" You Should Know About

Tariel Gogoberidze tariel at mac.com
Fri Feb 23 18:52:59 CST 2007

On Feb 23, 2007, at 1:12 PM, Ken Ray <kray at sonsothunder.com> wrote:

> Hey everyone - I've been working with the release of Vista (Home
> Premium Edition) since its release and just discovered something you
> may or may not be aware of that you REALLY need to be aware of IF:

Ken, thanks for this info. Any solutions so far?
I don't have Vista installed yet to look, may be you know if there is
some "designated" SpecialFolderPath accessible folder on Vista for
files / stacks that you need to write back without triggering
"VirtualStore",  even if "Account Control" is turned "On" ?

Also, got the message from Klaus from MC_IDE at yahoogroups.com.

On Feb 23, 2007, at 7:52 AM, MC_IDE at yahoogroups.com wrote:

> Hi friends,
>
> version 2.7 of the Rev engine has been out for a long time now.
> Ther are several new features that are not yet reflected in the current
> MC IDE like new crossplatform inks, antialiased of graphics etc... and
> what might the new version 2.9 might bring us!
> So I would like to add these things to the MC IDE (if I ever find the
> time) in the future.
>
> But that means that future versions of the IDE might REQUIRE an engine
> = 2.7 OR a LOT of more work to make the IDE compatible also with
> earlier
> versions.
>
> I'd like to hear you opinions about this.
> Best
> Klaus Major

May be we can discus it here as well?
Personally I'm fine if future versions of IDE would REQUIRE an engine
2.7 +
We can keep older version of MC IDE compatible with earlier engines  in
archives and whoever wants it would be able to grab it from there.

best regards
Tariel