strange error in MC IDE script editor

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Dec 18 09:41:01 CST 2007

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 06:33:52 -0500, Ray Horsley wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> This has been going on with m copy of 2.7.4 for several years.  I hit
> the enter key, I get an error report that there's something wrong
> with the script, I look for the error, can't find it, hit the enter
> key again, and she closes just fine.  As far as I can tell it has
> something to do with editing how the script was typed in.  It seems
> the engine is still seeing text you've typed and deleted.  I've grown
> used to it, but if anybody can provide a fix it sure would be nice.

Same here - in fact the same thing happens to me sometimes using Rev's
IDE. Occasionally what works is to copy the complete script out of the
Script Editor and paste it into a text editor. Close the empty Script
Editor window, which *should* close without complaint. Then reopen the
Script Editor, copy and paste your script back in and reclose the
Script Editor. Seems to work most of the time to remove the problem,
but for how long is anyone's guess.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com