strange error in MC IDE script editor

Tariel Gogoberidze tariel at mac.com
Mon Dec 3 17:20:01 CST 2007

On Dec 3, 2007, at 1:00 PM, Klaus Major  wrote:

> Hi Tariel and all

> I also saw this in a 4 line stackscript!?
>
> So this must be an engine thing right?
> Since the script editor only "set the script of ..." and catches the
> errors the engine delivers, do I see this correct?

Yes, should be the engine thing, or more likely some engine global ..

I have one stack that we are using for years. One handler in this
stack beginning with engine 2.5 and up to the current engine always
throws this bug under following conditions..

If you run the handler (which is huge and communicates with FileMaker
Pro database through lasso), that open the script, make ANY change
and hit enter key, it throws the error exactly as you described it.

If, however, you open the handler without running it first, make any
change to script and compile, the error would not be thrown.

So, my conclusion was that it's somehow related to some "after
effects" of it's  been running and making LibURL calls, which is of
course speculative and could be wrong..

best regards
Tariel