Color of text when it's hilited

Ray Horsley ray at linkitonline.com
Mon Apr 30 10:42:39 CDT 2007

One of the longest standing thorns in my side is developing on the
Mac, then viewing the app on Windows and getting reminded that
Metacard has the nasty habit of changing the color of text, when it's
hilited, to something really light.  Text is usually black so it
makes sense to set the highlight color of the background block
surrounding the text when it's hilited to something light like a
light blue so the black text itself can still be red when it's
hilited against the light blue background.  Looks great on a Mac.
Move it to Windows, highlight your text, and the color of the text
itself also changes to some other color I never specified, usually
something light, so you lose your contrast and can't read the text.

Any ideas on how to put this to bed once and for all?

Thanks,

Ray Horsley
Developer, LinkIt! Software