RevCreateXmlTree and RevXmlNodeContents

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Apr 17 13:35:33 CDT 2007

Ray Horsley wrote:
> I'm working with some calls available in Revolution but not in Metacard
> such as the revCreateXmlTree() function and the revXmlNodeContents()
> function.  Do these functions exist in a stack somewhere that comes with
> the Revolution distribution or are they an inherent part of Revolution
> which simply can not be used in Metacard?

Those libraries are part of the Rev IDE stacks, so their handlers aren't
normally accessible in MC.

A short-term solution is Ken's great XML library:
<http://sonsothunder.com/products/xmllib/xmllib.htm>

For the long-term, I've been working on an experimental fork of the MC
IDE which I'm tentatively calling "M2".  Among the other things I've
been experimenting with is the ability to load Rev's runtime libraries
for use within MC, and to include those as options in the standalone
builder.  It'll be some time before it's ready for public consumption,
but when it is I suspect the Rev compatibility module will be completed
in a way that will make it easy to contribute as an MC plugin.