COOL Quicktime discovery!

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Sun Sep 24 16:41:17 CDT 2006

I've created a Windows standalone from an existing file.  There are
custom Quicktime visual effects that work on Mac, but did not work on
Windows.  So I accepted that for Windows, they don't get the cool
visuals that Mac got.

The new incarnation of Metacard/Revolution lets the custom visual
effects work on Windows!

I wasn't expecting this!

Cool!

Now, will it fix a bug I've been battling for two weeks?  This is the
BIG question.  I've got a fella in Germany who has a problem.  We've
tried everything to fix it, and I am baffled.  The game works on
computers all over the world, including several European countries,
so I figured it was something specific to his computer.

The game creates a folder in the Program Files/Common Files folder of
Windows, and put a text file into that folder.  But it did not do
this for him, so I assumed it was a permissions issue.  He says that
he is admin of his computer, and he checked the permissions and said
they were good.  So I thought perhaps it was a language issue.  That
his Program Files folder is Programme Files or something to that
effect.  And years ago I had dealt with this issue as well.  But for
him, it was not creating this text file as it needed.

I've compiled the game using the new Metacard engine in the hopes
that it will solve the problem.  Am hoping the new engine can go
where the old one could not.  Cross your fingers...

Shari
--
Gypsy King Software
Mac and Windows shareware games