metacard Digest, Vol 36, Issue 17

John Vokey vokey at uleth.ca
Fri Sep 22 00:29:37 CDT 2006

As a Canadian Scot, I take serious offence at this comment: Bagpipes
by definition are always in tune; it is the ignorant listeners who
aren't.  Besides, I heard the Romans left because of the advent of
the accordian...  Now, as a one time player of same, that is an
instrument deserving of opprobrium.
On 21-Sep-06, at 9:20 PM, metacard-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

> I also read somehwere that the Romans introduced the bagpipes to
> Scotland, but left before they taught people how to tune them.

See <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>

-Dr. John R. Vokey