Speed differences between MC and Rev and the origin of the English language

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Sep 21 16:37:45 CDT 2006

J. Landman Gay wrote:
> Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>> That leaves us with the possibility that Rev is including some of its
>> scripts even when you tell it not to.
>
> I believe the revGeneral library is always included. There is no option
> to turn it off, which is usually okay, since the majority of Rev users
> need at least some part of that library.

What a strange design decision.

I've helped more than a few people diagnose errors in standalones that
weren't evident in the IDE because of the additional objects being added
to their first card.  Such errors are particularly hard to pin down
because the objects don't exist in the IDE, which is the only
environment that can run a debugger.

I can see having an "Include revGeneral" option turned on by default,
but preventing people from doing anything else seems really odd.

One more reason to improve MC IDE for the masses:  it's the only way to
make truly native Rev apps. :)

  Managing Editor, revJournal