Genu-Ine IDE issue

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Sep 18 12:21:25 CDT 2006

Klaus Major wrote:
> Hi Shari,
>
>> For once, I have a genuine IDE related post :-)
>>
>> I have found two * bugs * in the IDE.
>> 1.  MC IDE bug:  That Open Stack in MC 2.7 on Mac OSX 10.4.7 does not
>> allow me to use the column view to drill upward thru the levels to
>> find something.  I must use the Option button above the column windows
>> to drill upward.  I tested this with the Rev IDE and the column views
>> work properly.  I can properly drill upward with the Rev IDE.
>> 2.  IDE or ENGINE bug:  That Open Stack in MC 2.7 cannot find the most
>> recent project opened once it has been renamed, which was a feature
>> that used to work okey dokey in MC.  I also tried with the Rev IDE as
>> I know that I at least opened the project in Rev a couple times.  Same
>> thing.  So this may be an engine issue or it may be an IDE issue.
>> Dunno which.
>
> I tried hard :-) but I cannot reproduce what you are experiencing!
> No problems with whatever "Open" dialogs etc...

Ever since I became aware of it yesterday, I started paying more
attention while I was working. Sometimes the open dialog allows
scrolling leftward, and sometimes it doesn't. I haven't yet figured out
what causes it to change its behavior, but it is pretty clear that it is
an OS X decision and not a Rev thing. I have started to notice similar
behavior in other apps too, now that I'm watching it.

I still cannot reproduce the second issue. I have never seen either MC
or Rev open to a non-existent folder replacement. It doesn't even make
sense that it would try. However, if it really did happen (and I have no
reason to doubt Shari's experience) then it also has to be an OS
behavior, since the engine simply passes the dialog request to the OS
along with a default folder string.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com