Genu-Ine IDE issue

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Sun Sep 17 14:12:38 CDT 2006

If it works in the latest Rev 2.7 IDE, but does not work in the
latest MC 2.7 IDE, on the same Macintel Tiger platform, same
computer, same file, etc., then I would call it an IDE bug.

>Neither of these sound like bugs to me, they are just a by-product
>of how Tiger works. The engine uses native OS open and save dialogs,
>so whatever the OS provides is what you get.
>
>>1.  MC IDE bug:  That Open Stack in MC 2.7 on Mac OSX 10.4.7 does
>>not allow me to use the column view to drill upward thru the levels
>>to find something.  I must use the Option button above the column
>>windows to drill upward.  I tested this with the Rev IDE and the
>>column views work properly.  I can properly drill upward with the
>>Rev IDE.

If it works in an old version of MC, but breaks in the new versions
of MC and Rev, on the SAME brand new computer and Macintel Tiger
platform, then I would again call it a bug.  I can launch MC 2.4.3 on
my new Macintel, and it behaves by finding the file regardless of the
change of name.  But it fails with the newest versions of Rev/MC on
the same computer and platform.  Therefore, it is not Tiger related,
or computer related.  Else it would not work in MC 2.4.3 on this same
computer.

As all of my programs except 2 small ones from the old computer
appear to work okey dokey on the new computer, I have not needed to
use the old computer for anything but playing games for fun :-)

I have MC 2.4.3 installed on the new computer, as well as Rev/MC 2.7.
I have been working in MC 2.7 on the new project.  No desire to
re-tackle existing projects in MC/Rev at this moment.  I'm supposed
to be working on the new one right now anyway :-)

By the way... I've made a small bit of progress with the CGI issue.
I haven't had time to get Rev/MC to work as CGI yet, but I may have
found the reason why.  I discovered that my FTP program, while
appearing to change the permissions, apparently does not.  I
installed a different CGI thing, and discovered that I had to log
into my web account online to properly change the permissions.
Sooo... when I have a chance, I can revisit the Rev/MC CGI project I
was working on.  Maybe now I can get it to work :-)

I am happily looking forward to seeing HELLO appear :-)

--
Gypsy King Software
Mac and Windows shareware games