The MC IDE - let it live long!

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Mon Sep 4 15:04:57 CDT 2006

To the many folks who keep the MC IDE alive...

THANK YOU!

As much as I'm trying to work mostly in the Rev IDE, to learn, to
grow, to expand my horizons...

Having the MC IDE nearby is a godsend.  The Control Browser
particularly.  Reee-ally like the MC Control Browser.

Right now the MC IDE will let me create a Macintel build.  The Rev
IDE won't let me.

The ability to go into the Control Browser and move things up or down
a notch.  Nice :-)  MC doesn't mind if the object is in a group, it
let's me move it up a layer, down a layer, even right out of the
group.  I wanted to dissect a group, move objects out of the group
and then create a new smaller group.  And in trying to do it in Rev,
lost a lot of data.  Maybe there was a way to do it, but I did not
find a way to move the object out of a group and maintain it's data.
(Cut, paste did it, but all data was lost from the fld.  Rev wouldn't
let me set the layer to leave the grouping.  I may just not know the
trick...)

In the end I did not dissect the group, even though it should have
been.  Bet I coulda done it in MC :-)  I might still try...

Shari

--
Gypsy King Software
Mac and Windows shareware games