Good new features - Rev IDE

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Sat Sep 2 08:39:31 CDT 2006

>All the IDE interface stuff got moved recently to the PDF User
>Guide. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the standalone builder is
>in there.
>
>Not sure what you need to know, but you can always ask on the Rev
>list. It is still up and running, though very slow today -- probably
>because of the U.S. holiday weekend. But go ahead and write to it,
>at least that'll tell you whether posts are going through.

Aye aye, Cap'n!

I guess I'll be good at finding new user bugs, eh :-D

I was thinking about the user experience of someone who is
downloading Rev for the first time, who has never used MC or
Hypercard or Rev.  Which I'm presuming would be considered a hot
target audience to sell to.  I don't know what their preconceptions
would be, as they'd probably be coming in from some sort of
programming environment.

But some of these things that I'm stumbling over, which I know from
my experience with all of you there will be friends to help me with,
but someone who doesn't know the lists or any of you might get very
frustrated and just go away.

I am hoping that by sharing my impressions, I can help the Powers
That Be smooth out some of the edges that would send people away.
After all, I want Revolution to be very successful because that, in
turn, keeps it alive for me :-D

Shari
--
Mac and Windows shareware games