Another MC-Rev anomaly: "text of image" property

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Oct 31 13:13:50 CST 2006

Wilhelm Sanke wrote:
<snip>
> For the above points there are no differences between Rev and MC, but
>
> - The format of the "text of image" property is different in Rev and MC
> - tested both in stacks and standalones.

Rev sets the default paintCompression to PNG and MC sets it to RLE. I
suspect this is done in the RevCommon library, but I haven't actually
looked. To test equivalencies, it would be good if you set the the
paintCompression to PNG in MC too.

> Resetting an image to its previously stored text in MC and the MC IDE
> results in a blank image (unless the text was stored using Rev and the
> stack after that opened in MC).
>
> This means that you cannot use the text property to store and retrieve
> images in MC.

Even though you are using the same engine, are you saving the stacks
with the same stackFileFormat?

> The different format of the text of image property in Rev can be seen
> when you put the retrieved text into a field:
>
> The first line of the image text in Rev always contains "‰PNG", which is
> missing in MC.--
>
> The big question - similar to the one about imagedata, but this time to
> the disadvantage of MC - is (as both IDEs and standalones use the same
> engine) what is being added to the Rev standalone that allows proper
> handling of the "text of an image"?

As far as I know (which may not be enough) it's just the difference in
the paintcompression property.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com