Eraser, brush and spraycan tool

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Oct 13 20:22:51 CDT 2006

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto wrote:
> At 10:25 AM +0200 10/13/2006, Klaus Major wrote:
>>> I was just checking on this again. I can't get the spray can, brush
>>> tool, or eraser to work.
>>
>> did a short test here and it looks like one has to doubleclick these
>> tools first
>> and then select any brush size in the brush dialog that pops up.
>> Then all these tools are working fine.
>>
>> So I don't think this is a bug but rather "unexspected" bejaviour :-)
>

> Is the brush property not being set by default, then? That might explain
> this...
>
> (...although I would call it an engine bug, if there is no default brush
> size and the engine simply shrugs if you choose the brush or eraser
> without setting one first.)

That's it, you've found it! Thanks VERY much.

The brush is set to 8 by default, and the eraser is set to 2. But they
don't work until you specifically set them again. So from the message
box, this now works:

set the eraser to 5;choose eraser tool

and bingo, I have an eraser. Thanks Jeanne. It was just the mental nudge
I needed.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com