externals library

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Fri Oct 13 05:33:44 CDT 2006

Hi all,

after all the years of setting the externals for each stack I was
creating sepearately
I am trying to use my Home stack as an "external library" just like
Rev does (does it?),
but with little to no success.

I put all the Rev external I use into a subfolder "externals" of the
MC folder and
load all these externals on openstack into the home stack with the
absolute path
and start using "Home"

-> put the externals of stack "home"

Will show all these externals in the msg.

On the other hand:
-> the externalcommands of stack "Home"
and
-> the externalfunctions of stack "Home"

are EMPTY!?

When I try to use them with a new created or any old stack (where I
removed
the old external prop, saved and reopened the stack, of course!)
nothing seem to
work really.

I know this should work :-)

Do I oversee something? Is there any kind of initialisation necessary?
(e.g. What does "revDBinit" do?)

Any hints are very welcome.

When I simply put the externals into the MC folder and set the
necessary external(s)
in the stacks, everything works fine!

Regards

Klaus Major