systemWindow ain't

FlexibleLearning at aol.com FlexibleLearning at aol.com
Wed Oct 11 11:02:41 CDT 2006

Having inconsistent results here with the 'systemWindow' property. I have a
stack with decorations set to "title,system"...

- On win32 in the MCIDE (2.66), it works but does not float and behaves  like
a palette (ie it disappears when another app is selected).

- On win32 run 'blind' in MC (2.66) (by double-clicking the stack icon), it
is toplevel style.

- On win32 run from a standAlone (2.73), it is toplevel style.

- On OSX in the MCIDE (2.65) , it works exactly as expected.

- On OSX run 'blind' in MC (2.65) (by double-clicking the stack icon), it  is
toplevel style.

- On OSX run from a standAlone (2.74), it is toplevel style.

Okay, I appreciate there are different engine versions, but even within the
same version the results are different depending on environment.

Can someone shed light or confirm?

/H