metacard Digest, Vol 37, Issue 8

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Mon Oct 9 18:28:12 CDT 2006

> From: Ken Ray <kray at sonsothunder.com>
> Date: 9 October 2006 3:26:50 AM GMT+10:00
> To: MetaCard List <metacard at lists.runrev.com>
> Subject: Re: Can't assign App and Doc icons building stand alone

I gave up on Iconographer for producing Windows icons for my Rev apps
some time back (I consistently got clipped icons, bad icons etc.). I
ended up using Axialis IconWorkshop (Win) to produce all my Mac and Win
icons. You don't need to stuff around with masks and it just works.

Terry...

> On 10/5/06 8:48 PM, "Ray Horsley" <ray at linkitonline.com> wrote:
>
>> Problems once again with assigning desktop icons.  This time it's the
>> application's icon during the build of the Windows stand alone which
>> is not cooperating.  I thought I had created the right 16X16 .ico
>> files.  They worked with Metacard 2.6.  But suddenly that's broken.
>
> Actually, I'm running into the same problem - I have full icon sets
> (created
> in Iconographer) for Windows that have worked great up until 2.7 and
> now
> don't. I get an error that they're the wrong size; when I get info in
> the
> Finder, they're 26,588 bytes, but MC 2.7.4 asks for 25086 bytes. Oddly
> enough, the same "bad" icons, work fine in Rev 2.7.4.
>
> Anyone else experiencing this, or has anyone else successfully built a
> Windows standalone with icons in 2.7.4?
>
> Ken Ray
> Sons of Thunder Software
> Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
> Email: kray at sonsothunder.com

Dr Terry Judd
Lecturer in Educational Technology (Design)
Biomedical Multimedia Unit
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences
The University of Melbourne
Parkville VIC 3052
AUSTRALIA