Can't assign App and Doc icons building stand alone

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Fri Oct 6 03:55:03 CDT 2006

Hi Ray,

> Problems once again with assigning desktop icons.  This time it's
> the application's icon during the build of the Windows stand alone
> which is not cooperating.  I thought I had created the right
> 16X16 .ico files.  They worked with Metacard 2.6.  But suddenly
> that's broken.

well, a lot of things happened in the meantime :-)

Now you need the windows icons (*.ico) in XP format.
That means 48*48 pixel in 32bit, so 8bit tranparency is now possible.

Actually there are 9 different separate icons in this file format:
32bit, 8bit and 4bit (or 1 bit, I am not sure) each in 48*48, 32*32
and 16*16 pixel.

I personally use "Axialis Icon Workshop" to create these icons, but I
am sure
there are some free icon editors available somewhere on the net.

> Anybody?

Me :-)

Hope that helps.

> Thanks,