image compression default

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Tue Nov 28 09:48:03 CST 2006

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Did we ever figure out how RunRev's revGeneral was able to alter the
> default image compression method when its script contains only
> handlers that must be explicitly called?
>
> --
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Fourth World Media Corporation

What kind of image compression are you asking about?

The default of the "JPEGQuality" seems to be set by the engine, at least
there is no mentioning of JPEGQuality in stack "revlibrary".

The "paintcompression" default set by the engine is RLE, which is then
overruled by the Rev IDE from stack "revlibrary" in folder "toolset" in
the script of group "revlibraries" and its handler "revLoadLibraries":

"on revLoadLibraries
 global gRevSmallAppIcon,gRevAppIcon
 local tBtn,tLine
 set the paintCompression to "png" -- match the engine

This handler is also added to each standalone.

(see my post from Thu, 02 Nov 2006 to this list).

Other kinds of compression pertaining to images are not mentioned in the
docs.

Best,

Wilhelm Sanke