Apple events and 2.7

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Nov 15 12:15:34 CST 2006

On 11/15/06 7:27 AM, "Wil Dijkstra" <W.Dijkstra at fsw.vu.nl> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Apple events do not seem to work well with version 2.7. I have created a test
> stack, with just a field called "myfld". The stack script looks like:
>
> on appleEvent eClass, eID
>   put eClass & cr into fld "myFld"
>   put eID & cr into fld "myFld"
> end appleEvent
>
> If compiled with version 2.6, eClass and eID give correct results (e.g. "oapp"
> if the application is opened). If compiled with version 2.7 (2.7.3) you get
> wrong characters (for example something like "

Yeah, Wil... AppleEvents got really screwed up in the 2.7.x builds: in 2.7.2
they were backwards ("aevtoapp" became "tveappao"); in 2.7.3 they were
unusable (as you've found out). This was finally fixed in 2.7.4.

So the bottom line is, upgrade to 2.7.4 to get the AppleEvents back that you
know and love.

;-)

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.