Another MC-Rev anomaly: "text of image" property

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Nov 1 13:02:58 CST 2006

Richard Gaskin wrote:
> J. Landman Gay wrote:
>> Wilhelm Sanke wrote:
>> <snip some very interesting stuff>
>>
>>> For my imagedata-handling stacks "Seamless Tiles" and "Imagedata
>>> Toolkit" I added an open-stack handler with "set the paintcompression
>>> to RLE". The described and discussed speed differences between MC and
>>> Rev are no longer there.
>>
>> Wow, you solved it! That was some interesting results you posted.
>>
>>> At least one question remains, where is the default paintcompression
>>> set? I made a script search in the MC home and tools stacks and did
>>> not find "paintcompression"?? -
>>
>> It is the default compression in the engine, and if no other
>> compression is set, you will get RLE by default. I just did a search
>> and found that Rev does set the paintcompression to PNG in the
>> revGeneral library.
>
> How did this affect standalones?

It's the only library that Rev always adds to standalones. As Kevin
explained, it contains all the "rev-" language additions, so is required
for most Rev users. And to keep standalones in parity with the IDE, it
sets the paintcompression as well.

(And I can never remember if it is called "revCommon" or "revGeneral"
but its the one that handles all the basic rev language extensions.)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com