Revised Font Chooser and Preferences stacks

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat May 13 12:46:06 CDT 2006

I have uploaded a revised Preferences stack and a Font Chooser stack to
the Files section of the MC IDE Yahoo group.

The Font Chooser stack contains a list field for font names rather than
a popup button. I've been using this privately for a while and I like it
much better. Anyone who has as many fonts as I do will see the
advantages of a list, I think.

I have also made some changes to the Preferences stack so that it now
supports a stackFileVersion preference. I could not think of a suitable
way to change this setting on the fly, but the new stack does allow you
to permanently set the preference, which will stay in effect until you
change it. It checks for the engine version and is not effective unless
the version is 2.7 or higher.

I didn't want to add a new prefs pane just for this one setting, so it
is at the bottom of the "Look and Feel" group. I know that isn't
strictly what it is for, but the other choices were worse.

If people agree, Richard can grab these and put them in the distro.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com