Private feuds :-P / WAS: A Joke . . . Right On Topic

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Sun Mar 26 09:23:42 CST 2006

Hi Richmond,

> Another quote from the RunRev website:
> "Click Here to go to our store for immediate purchase and
> download..."
> I ordered my RunRev Media on the 13th of February and was
> reassured that it would be available in 'about 2 weeks'.

That is called "Marketing"!

> Guess there's is something wrong with my calendar.

No, it isn't.

I found out that RunRev has its own calculation of times
which is very different from the rest of the world!

The first time I experienced this was the release of Rev 1.0
which came out 2 years after its "officially" announced release date.

> I wonder who else 'out there' is having similar calendar
> problems?

See above.

Since that date I just wait until things actually HAPPEN and don't
rely on spoken or written announcements anymore.

My advise: do the same :-)
Will definitvely make life a lot easier for you (and this list! :-^)

> [A related "Joke" is that when I was 2 weeks' late
> delivering a product I had to pay a hefty penalty!]

That was ruled by an actual contract i am sure, and is thus not
comparable!

> sincerely, Richmond Mathewson.
>
> "Philosophical problems are confusions arising owing to the
> fluidity of meanings users attach to words and phrases."
>                                        Mathewson, 2006

Regards

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de