How to manage the PageSetup by a script?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Mar 20 15:24:48 CST 2006

Reinhold Venzl-Schubert wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a script with a fix height an width of the cards. Therefore I
> only need one adjustment of the margins in the page setup.
> What script can set the required margins for me?
> This one do not work:
>
>   set the printMargins to 37,35,37,35
>   open printing with dialog
>   print marked cds
>   close printing

The printmargins measure from the place where your printer can first lay
down ink. Most printers have a required minimal margin that is between
1/4 and 1/2 inch wide. Rev's printmargins don't know about that white
space, so you must subtract it from your scripted printmargins. Every
printer is a little different.

Also, if card objects are not placed against the very leftmost and/or
topmost edge of the card, it will look like you have extra margins. You
don't really, but the whole card is printing and the space between the
left edge of the objects and the left edge off the card will be empty.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com