(not) Moved icons

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Fri Mar 10 02:43:10 CST 2006

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006, Klaus Major wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> did you notice that the "Resource mover" does NOT move ALL MetaCard icons
>
> to the target stack?
>

> I had to copy the "Icons" stack manually to one of my stacks after i
> found that
>
> e.g. the "white arrow" icons were not displayed in the standalone!
>
> That does not affect the "Icons set in script" option.
>

> I will try to locate the problem, a short look at the script reveals
> that not the complete stack "Icons" is copied/cloned to the target
> stack, instead there is a repeat loop and I
>
> will try to find out what exactly is happening inside of it.
>

> Regards
>
> Klaus Major
> http://www.major-k.de

Hi Klaus,

What you already did - copying the whole of stack "icons" as a substack
to your standalone -seems to be the exact  and only answer, unless we
change the relevant scripts of the Resource Mover.  I had a look at that
"loop", and I have the impression that it copies icons associated with
buttons anywhere in a stack that are *not* mentioned in scripts.
Additionally the basic icons for answer and ask dialogs seem to be copied.

I had come across this problem some time ago (two years or so?) and had
reported this on this list.

What are the opinions for an optional inclusion of the whole Icon stack?
It would add another 500 KB to a standalone.

Best regards,

Wilhelm Sanke
<http://www.sankee.org/MetaMedia>