Some afterthoughts concerning the enigma of "generic players"

Lynn lynn.fredricks at runrev.com
Thu Mar 2 14:15:44 CST 2006

> >A license isnt usually created by someone in technical support, the
> >janitor or box boy - they certainly arent the authors of the license.
>
> Lynn, I'm not sure what your difficulty was when posting
> that, but such a remark strikes me as unfair, unpleasant, and
> far out of line - particularly when posted publicly from a
> runrev.com address. I hope you'll apologize to Jacque.

Hi Jeanne - that was a response to Rich's concerns, *not* referring to
Jacque as a box boy at all. If that was how she took it then of course, I
apologize. That wasn't the intent. Jacque is awesome, and Im looking forward
to a laugh and drink at Revcon with her :-)

EULAs are legal documents. You shouldn't interpret them based on comments on
this list but by what it actually says. If it isnt clear enough, then ask
for a revision, or if a revision isnt forthcoming, decide based on your own
tolerance for risk. If company representatives who do not write EULAs
interpret the EULA for you, it raises serious risks for everyone involved.

Jacque and I have both talked with others at Runtime and a revision is
coming of section 4 that should clarify and satisfy based on the points
brought up here.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President