Disappearing windows

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jun 23 14:53:25 CDT 2006

Bob Warren wrote:

> Thanks for the cue to bring up such issues again, Jacque. As you will
> remember, in Ubuntu Linux at least - if not in all Linuxes - (using the
> Rev 2.6.1 engine), if you minimize a window that should not really be
> minimized (e.g. a supposedly modeless window that isn't really), the
> whole kaboosh disappears forever and you need to re-load Metacard/your
> project in order to continue. Richard suggested that this might
> essentially be an engine problem. Whatever, it makes work in Linux
> impossible. It would be nice if someone could put this right so that in
> practical terms, Metacard could be used in Linux as well.
>
> What, if anything, has been communicated to the Rev engineers about this
> problem, I am not in a position to say.

If you entered it into Bugzilla, then it has been communicated. But in
the case of Mac OS X and MC, it was a scripting issue in the IDE which
probably affected all platforms equally. Because the same thing does not
happen across platforms in the Rev IDE, that's why we suspect it is an
engine issue. But if it is a simple scripting problem, the Rev team
should be able to fix it fairly easily.

Your best bet is to make sure there is a report in Bugzilla, because
that is the only way the team will know about it. They have been very
good lately about keeping up with the reports, and at RevCon Kevin
announced they had verified (or at least looked at) all existing bugs as
of the morning of his talk.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com