MetaCard and Rev 2.7 + engine

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jun 22 12:38:11 CDT 2006

Klaus Major wrote:
> Hi friends of the lean IDE,
>
> this is the new (Winnie the) Poobah speaking :-)
> Hope you are all well!
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In case somebody is still dragging the feet on switching to Rev 2.7
>> engine, below is the critical tip from Jacque on necessary changes
>> that must be done to HOME stack
>> -----------
>> On February 14, 2006 Jacqueline Landman Gay  wrote:
>> Installing Revolution 2.7 into the MC IDE
>> There should also be no need to license the engine in Revolution first
>> - the engine will ask for a license key the first time it is run,
>> regardless of where it is run from.
>
> Does this mean that we do not need a special MetaCard license key anymore?

That's a good question. I don't know. But I'm guessing you would,
because the old MC Home stack checks for a license stored in Home, and
the new engine also checks for a license stored elsewhere by the engine.
So maybe we need both? Of course, most of us are using a
previously-licensed Home stack, so that issue becomes moot.

I really like "Winnie the Poohbah". Cute. :)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com