Supporting MC Users (was "Standalones")

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jun 8 14:14:08 CDT 2006

FlexibleLearning at aol.com wrote:

> A shame that Rev does not support "MetaCard" users to the extent that a
> downloadable, working version is not made available to those who have paid their
> "Enterprise" fees. Instead we are jumping through ever more complex hoops just
>  to keep up with the most recent engine.

Well, if it helps, the process isn't any different than what we've been
doing all along to get each new engine into the MC IDE. The only
difference is that we now need to keep a separate one for standalone
builds, because the licensing is now built into the engine. That means a
standalone needs to be built with an engine that allows standalones.

> Okay... I'm happy to ferret around
> and  copy the exe and rename it, but all this crap as well?
>
> I think this sucks. Oh... And I know Revolution is under  no obligation to
> support the "legacy" IDE, so please don't flame me. I have had  a rotten day, a
> rotten week, am incredibly grumpy and in need of a large drink.

You're entitled. We've all been there. ;)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com