Standalones

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jun 8 10:19:18 CDT 2006

Klaus Major wrote:
> Hello friends,
>
> anyone successfully build a standalone with MetaCard 2.7.2?
>
> I pointed the SAB to:
>
> /Applications/Revolution Enterprise/2.7.2-gm-1/Runtime/Mac OS
> X/PowerPC-32/Standalone.app
>
> and got: "Can't open engine"
>
> Any hints are very welcome :-)

You have to make a customized copy of MetaCard.app to build standalones
ever since Rev 2.7 was released. To do that:

Make a copy of MetaCard.app
Open the Rev Standalone app/Contents/MacOS/ and drag a copy of the
engine out
Rename that copy "MetaCard"
In the original copy of MetaCard you first made, replace the MetaCard
file inside the bundle with the duplicated Rev "MetaCard" file

I have saved this new app with a different name, "MetaCard SAB.app" and
I use it only for the standalone builder.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com