Universal Binary in MC

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jul 10 23:44:19 CDT 2006

Richard Gaskin wrote:
> J. Landman Gay wrote:
>> Richard Gaskin wrote:
>>> I've been having a heckuve a time using the Universal Binary version
>>> of the Rev engine to make standalones with MC.  I have used the PPC
>>> engine in v2.7.x just fine, but with Universal Binary the resulting
>>> app starts to launch but then dies.
>>>
>>> Anyone here successfully make a Universal Binary app with MC?  What's
>>> the trick?
>>>

>> I haven't tried it yet, but when making regular OS X standalones, you
>> have to make a copy of the MC or Rev bundle and put the Rev
>> "standalone" engine (not the runtime engine) into it. Did you try that
>> for the universal too?
>
> I did the same steps with both the runtime PPC and Universal Binary
> engines -- with PPC it works, with UB it fails to launch. :(

If it does the little hiccup thing where it starts to launch and then
closes down immediately, that's often due to a bad plist or some other
missing resource. In other words, some kind of Finder problem. That's
not to say it isn't in the UB engine, just that some PPC standalones act
the same way when their bundle isn't set up quite right.

If I have time tomorrow I'll try a UB standalone and see if I get the
same thing.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com