Second copy of app launching

Ray Horsley ray at linkitonline.com
Wed Jan 25 07:57:20 CST 2006

Thanks Shari.  I wrote this solution a while back for this particular
app which is for elementary school teachers.  The problem I'm
encountering is it seems no matter how simply and straight forward I
word the dialog which comes up when a second copy is launched, the
teacher's, especially beginners, just don't get it.  Unfortunately,
with this method I've got to count on them to decide whether they
should continue or not, since they could have forced the first app to
quit (control-alt-delete) in which case it would be legitimate to
continue launching what appears to be a second copy of the app.

I'm going to try the two suggestions I've gotten from Ken Ray, one of
which will hopefully remove the end user from the decision making
process.   I'll let you know how it works out, but thanks for your
alternate idea!

Ray Horsley
Developer, LinkIt! Software