Memory issues

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Sat Jan 7 13:37:53 CST 2006

>I haven't seen memory issues since I stopped building for Classic
>(ever so glad Apple ditched that bizarre, broken Memory Manager).
>If this user is running Classic that might be an issue, but it
>sounds more like a messaging thing.
>
>Is there any mouse-related handler that might not be trapping for
>mouseUp or mouseRelease properly?

Richard,

He is using OSX.  There are several mouse-related handlers all
throughout the game.  There are many circumstances where the player
cannot be allowed to do anything except what he is supposed to be
doing.  So there may very well be a handler that restricts him during
game play.

I do use frontScripts and backScripts in this game, if that makes any
difference.

Are you saying it's possible for one of these handlers to hold the
mouse even after quitting the game?  And if so, is there a closeStack
message I could add to unstick the mouse?

Are there any other things that "stick" after the user has quit the
program that I need to trap for?  I assumed it was all automatic
within Metacard... that quitting cleared everything out and cleared
the user's system for other programs.  Not so?

Shari
--
Mac and Windows shareware games
http://www.gypsyware.com