Rev 2.7 engine in MC IDE?

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Tue Jan 3 10:42:42 CST 2006

Has anybody succeeded in getting to work the "Rev 2.7 Developer Preview
1" engine in the Metacard IDE (for the time being accessible for
Enterprise-license holders) ?
All I get here is an error message "Error while initializing development
environment".

Could this be caused by the new  "Development Environment Licensing" -
as announced by the "ChangeLog" - or is it just an intermediate bug?

> There is now a distinction between the engine used by the development
> environment and the engine used to build standalones - this is to
> allow one set of licensing functionality across all
> Revolution-compatible development environments. At present, the
> pre-2.7 per-Revolution licensing model is still used, but in the next
> build an IDE engine will not run *unless* it has had a valid license
> key entered.

Best wishes for a productive and Happy New Year,

Wilhelm Sanke