Don't load a file that is not an image

Reinhold Venzl-Schubert r.venzl-schubert at t-online.de
Tue Feb 28 09:27:30 CST 2006

Hi Klaus!

>>   import paint from file Importpicture
>       if the result <> empty
>          ## no succes for whatever reason, maybe that was no image
> file...
>          answer "This is not an image. It cannot be loaded."

Sorry, that don't work!

I get this error message:
- - - -
Execution Error
import: can't read file, mask file or display
Handler: error in statement
- - - -

May be it cannot work, because I use it in a script on a substack
that leads to the mainstack like this:

    go stack "mainstack"
    import paint ...

I did it, because I have to change the imageNames to ImgQuestion1,
ImgAnswer7, ImgPhoto16 for example. And I have to ensure, that every
name is only used one time on a card. The result is only a simple
name or a "Cancel", so that it may be possible to realise it by a
modal command.

But in the MetaTalk Reference I found this:

If information must be returned to the handler that executed the
modal command, set a custom property on the stack and check that
value after the modal command...

CUSTOM PROPERTY  Heaven! A new field to dig!

Please read my enquiry to that stage!

Reinhold