Rev licensing - post factum rulings ???

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Feb 27 15:24:08 CST 2006

Chipp Walters wrote:
> Jacque,
>
> Thanks for your clarification! I can breathe easier now.

Good, because we sure wouldn't want to find you passed out on the floor
-- at least, not without a really good time as an excuse. ;)

> I assume below
> you're not referring to either MC or Constellation regarding IDE's as
> they both require a licensed Revolution engine to run.

Exactly. Additions to Rev that simply enhance, or even replace, some of
the existing IDE stacks are fine. (It makes sense that Runtime wouldn't
be selling Constellation if it were against their license.) The MC IDE
is also okay, as is devolution or custom plugins or whatever.

> Also, the 'single
> app' you're referring to of course is StackRunner?

Yup. Everybody else is legal. And Ken is cool with it, he understood
(and agreed with) the licensing decision very early on. This fits with
Ken's general coolness factor anyway, so it probably wasn't much of a
stretch for him. ;)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com