Rev licensing - post factum rulings ???

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Sun Feb 26 23:55:29 CST 2006

Chipp, Jacque,

	"Additionally, with all editions the end user of the Created
Software cannot edit scripts without purchasing or owning a Licensed
Edition. You may not 	attempt to get round any of these limitations
or encourage users of your Created Software to attempt to do so."

This seems to say your users "cannot edit scripts"....

	"You are prohibited to create or distribute Created Software to be
used as a generic rapid application development tool. "

This however seems to say that any "generic rapid application
development tool" is prohibited. To me that would mean any tool that
allows the rapid development of an application.

I am curious as well as to what this means? If a standalone created
copies of it self as in a presentation producing software then would
the finished app not be an application and the standalone that
created it be a generic rapid application development tool.

Also, it seems the copyright notice is now required:

	"You must include the following copyright notice where other such
notices appear. In the event that such other notices do not appear in
the Created 	Software, this notice must be placed in a reasonable
location."

This will severely affect my software and what I plan on doing.

Thanks,

Tom