What's in a group

Mark Schonewille europe at ehug.info
Mon Feb 20 17:55:46 CST 2006

Hi Scott,

There is hardly any difference. I suspect even that getprop
handlers and functions return their "result" in exactly the same
way.

The advantage of the property approach might be that you really
don't need to think about what the target may be. The function
needs a quoted string as a reference to an object while the
getProp handler can refer to an object directly.

If someone can come up with a better explanation, I'd be pleased
to know.

Best,

Mark

--

eHUG coordinator
mailto:europe at ehug.info
http://www.ehug.info
http://home.wanadoo.nl/mark.sch
http://www.economy-x-talk.com

Please inform me about vacancies in the field of
general economics at your institute. I am also looking
for new freelance programming projects.