MC 2.7 building standalone

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat Feb 18 23:32:14 CST 2006

On 2/18/06 10:17 PM, "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:

> Chipp Walters wrote:
>> So, does this mean Ken cannot compile a 2.7 version of StackRunner?
>
> It sounds like that's what it means, yes.

I have an email into Kevin to talk to him about this and the upcoming
Revolution Player to see what's on the horizon for StackRunner. When I know
more, I'll post it.

> I agree we need more clarification, but as I understand it, the
> limitation is on producing a generic, open-any-stack, runtime-engine
> Player that competes with RR's official Player.
>
> To be honest, if they do the new Player correctly, other generic players
> shouldn't be necessary. The only reason for Stackrunner was to get
> around the omissions in the original.

Well, if they do the new Player correctly, I'd be glad to put StackRunner
aside. We'll have to wait and see, though...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com