MC 2.7 building standalone

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Feb 18 12:16:13 CST 2006

Chipp Walters wrote:
 > OK, Now I'm confused.
 >
 > Jacque and Wilhelm, are you saying one can't create an app like Ken
 > Ray's StackRunner in 2.7? Surely not. Perhaps a little more elaboration
 > on what it is you mean by:
 >
 >  "Conversely, you can't run any external stacks using a standalone as a
 >  >> "player"

I take that back now. What I meant was that in OS X you need to create a
standalone-building version of the app so that the standalone builder
tool in MC will recognize the engine and use it to build a standalone.
The resulting standalone can open stacks. I also said (as per above)
that dropping stacks onto this standalone-only-building engine wouldn't
work in OS X, but further experiements show that it does -- as long as
all the resource files are included in the bundle (as Klaus pointed
out.) My first experiment failed because I was missing many of the
bundle's resource files.

However, the licensing requirements in 2.7 have changed and it is no
longer legal to build a custom player. This is a separate issue.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com