MC 2.7 building standalone

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Feb 16 16:01:42 CST 2006

Klaus Major wrote:

> And now I know what to change in the script of the MC standalone  builder.

I wrote this elsewhere, but in case anyone missed it, the standalone
builder doesn't necessarily need to be revised to support 2.7 in OS X.
You only need to make a fake MC app that has the new Standalone engine
in it. Of course, if Klaus wants to revise the SB to accept apps that
are not named "Metacard", that'd be great too. Then we could point it at
anything.

For now though, all you have to do is:

1. Make a copy of any working MC app.
2. Rename the new bundle something descriptive, i.e.: "MC SB-only"
3. Duplicate the engine out of the Standalone app bundle in:

  /Applications/Revolution Enterprise/2.7.0-gm-1/Runtime/Mac OS
X/PowerPC-32/Standalone.app

4. Rename it to "MetaCard" and replace the engine in the bundle you just
made with this one.

This new app will be a standalone-building app only. It won't launch or
run MC.

As of version 2.7 it is important to note that you can't build
standalones out of the engine that runs the IDE. Conversely, you can't
run any external stacks using a standalone as a "player". So it is
important to choose the "standalone" version of the app engine when
making a standalone, as that is the only one that will work.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com