IDE v2.6.12

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Feb 14 10:26:44 CST 2006

Signe Marie Sanne wrote:
> On Windows I have just downloaded and installed Revolution 2.7 (made a
> copy and renamed it to mc.exe) and the latest test version of the IDE.
> The engine is placed in the same folder as the rest. The home stack does
> open, but does not work, no icons and cursor disappearing under the top.
> Do I have to download the old engine (2.6)?

Here is something I wrote up about it:

Installing Revolution 2.7 into the MC IDE

Make these changes to an existing copy of the MC home stack (do this in
an earlier version, before trying to open 2.7):

on startup
   if the version >= "2.7" then
     start using stack "mctools.mc"
     set the defaultStack to "home"
     reset cursors
   end if
end startup

on preOpenStack
     -- open stack "mctools.mc" -- don't need this for OS X; enable for
Windows
     <remainder of existing MC script here>
end preOpenStack

Here's the biggie now: Rename the mchome.mc stack to "home.rev".

You can replace the engine inside the MC app bundle as before, or you
can just drag a copy of the entire Rev app to the MC IDE folder.
However, one reason to replace the engine inside the bundle is if you
want to keep the MC icon in the dock so you can tell your copies apart.

For OS X users who have replaced the app inside the MC bundle: Open the
native Revolution bundle, open the Contents folder, and make a copy of
the Plugins folder. Open the MC bundle -> Contents folder, and drag in
the Plugins folder. This allows theme support; without it you will not
be able to set native "appearance manager" theme in stacks.

Double-click the app to launch. If you have previously registered 2.7
inside the Rev IDE then it works.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com