Happy Time of Year

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Sat Dec 23 10:56:45 CST 2006

>One of the biggest companies fanning the flames of this "battle" has
>been Fox News, who made a catchy slogan out of "War On Christmas"
>and has devoted a lot of airtime to rallying anger around that, but
>whose web site ironically offers "holiday ornaments" and not
>"Christmas ornaments".

This is funny!  Are there any other widespread uses for ornaments,
besides putting them on the Christmas Tree?  So now, will Christmas
Trees be renamed to Holiday Trees?

What of Santa Claus?  He's more politically uncorrect than any other
part of Christmas:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origins_of_Santa_Claus

http://www.twbookmark.com/books/72/0316366110/chapter_excerpt362.html

Note:  I love Christmas.  It's the time of year that I can thank my
husband for being such an incredibly wonderful man.  Our tree is
always full of presents for him, things I know he wants but probably
wouldn't ever buy for himself.  My favorite part of Christmas is
buying presents for him, and watching him open them :-D  This brings
me great joy.  Because he so deserves to feel special, and cherished,
and thought of.  And yes, he gets lots of footrubs all throughout the
year.  But Christmas, no footrubs, just lots of presents :-D

And THAT, I know, is totally politically incorrect!  Women aren't
supposed to give men footrubs any more... I know I read that
somewhere....

Shari
--
Gypsy King Software