UB standalones - update

Tereza Snyder tereza at califex.com
Wed Dec 6 11:44:41 CST 2006

On Dec 6, 2006, at 1:54 AM, Wil Dijkstra wrote:

> Since then I've gone through the process a second time, downloading a
> new copy of the IDE, making a new runtime engine to build from, and
> even
> including Jacque's plist file which works for her to make sure it
> isn't
> that.
>
> Still no go.
>
> Tereza has mentioned a similar experience.

Here's my experience:

Using Rev 2.7.4, I updated MetaCard per instructions and set up the
runtime engines. I made a simple stack with only a quit button and
built standalones for PPC and Universal. I modified the plists in
both to name the correct executable.

The PPC version works. When I look inside the bundle, I see an
extraneous MetaCard.app file NEXT TO, not inside, the "contents"
folder. I delete it. The TestPPC.app still works.

The TestUB app appears briefly in the dock and disappears. There is
an extraneous MetaCard.app in the bundle. I delete it. Still doesn't
work. Permissions are correct.

(The extraneous MetaCard.app in the bundles appear when there is
already a built standalone at the destination location. If I delete
the destination .app first, the extra copy doesn't appear. However,
my ultimate goal is to upgrade my own standalone builder which
changes only the executable within the bundle because I store all  my
app's files (e.g. LOTS of graphics) INSIDE the bundle. Whatever my
motivation, I still cannot get the straight, normal MetaCard SB to
make a viable UB standalone, much less my own refactored SB.)

I'm using a PowerPC G5, MacOS 10.4.8. I don't have an Intel Mac to
work with.

Klaus, Jacque: Do you know what exact, specific difference there is
between the PPC and UB build process? Or what incantation can make it
work? I'm attempting to get my own Standalone Builder to work and
it's... very [expletive deleted] frustrating .

Tereza Snyder

    Califex Software, Inc.
    www.califexsoftware.com