UB standalones - update

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Dec 5 21:43:02 CST 2006

Richard Gaskin wrote:
>> I'm testing w/2.7.4, trying to make a standalone with the latest MC
>> IDE.  After following the steps to set up the runtime engines (as
>> outlined in Ken's doc), I can build the standalone successfully but it
>> doesn't run.
>>
>> What might I be missing?
>
> Since then I've gone through the process a second time, downloading a
> new copy of the IDE, making a new runtime engine to build from, and even
> including Jacque's plist file which works for her to make sure it isn't
> that.
>
> Still no go.
>
> Tereza has mentioned a similar experience.
>
> How many of you are able to sucessfully make v2.7 builds in MC?

Since I talked to you, I've been trying to think what's different
between my successful build and your unsuccessful one. Since I sent you
both a plist and a standalone-building-app, it is unlikely to be the
software. The only thing I can think of is that I'm on an Intel Mac and
you aren't yet. Do you have to be running an Intel machine to build a
universal? I wouldn't think so, but...?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com